Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blanket Boy

Cameron has a new trick this week. He's obsessed with putting things over his head/on his face. Now he's always had quite an attachment to his cotton burp cloths & likes to hold soft things in his hands, but he's taken this to the next level. He has now decided that bottles are better with the whole burp cloth covering your face. He disappears underneath his blanket until he's done eating--it's the funniest thing.

He also has started pulling the blankets in his crib up over his head throughout the night. Okay, I know this sounds dangerous & I've been obsessing about it but there's not a whole lot I can do to make him stop. There's definitely not a section in my "What to Expect" books that addresses a blanket on your face obsession!! I've got the blankets tucked in as securely as I can get them but he still manages to wriggle them free. Tim assures me that he won't suffocate--Tim them demonstrates the breathability of the cotton blanket by putting it over his head like a ski mask & assuring me he can still breathe!! I definitely need a picture of this. I think I've figured out where Cameron gets this new trick. As I was getting up last night for the 100th time to check on Cameron, I looked over at Tim while he was sleeping and he had the covers over his head also! I give up.

Cameron is also practicing rolling over all the time. The problem is that once he rolls from his back to his stomach he can't figure out how to get back over. This becomes frustrating to him & he starts to raise a ruckus. He looks at you like--how did I get here??

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey Lee! I love your blog! Cameron is so cute and has changed so much in 4 months! He looks like what I remember Luke looking like - you may think I'm crazy... but that's my first impression. Now his newborn pictures don't look like that - maybe it's those big blue eyes! He's a cutie for sure regardless of who he looks like. Keep posting pictures - if Sherrie is anything like my Mom (which, well, we know she is) she'll be asking you everyday if you've put anything new on here! Good luck with that one! Love ya!

Lori said...

Hey Lee!! This is so neat to able to keep up with Cameron this way!! The strangest thing is Blakely was the exact same way with a blanket! She never drank a bottle without covering her head completely with her favorite blanket! Must be a Shipley thing!!!
Can't wait to see everyone!!