Thursday, April 30, 2009

10 month Tornado








Cameron is mobile! He crawls all over the house--fast. He's scooting everywhere in his walker--fast. He tumbles & falls in the blink of an eye. I don't thing we've made it one week during our 10th month that we haven't had a major bump, bruise, or black eye. This little man thinks he's invincible--no fear for him only for me. He's still cutting teeth--we now have 2 bottom ones & almost one top tooth. At his last checkup, he weighed 20 lbs. & measured 28 3/4 inches long. He loves to eat fruit right now--blueberries, grapes, cantalope, & watermelon being his current favorites. Cheetos & Goldfish are some of his favorite snacks.

He had his first haircut from a professional or someone other than his dad & his clippers! I guess this went remarkably well--in order to get his hair trimmed I ended up sitting in the barber chair with Cameron in my lap with his juice. Tim was running a hair dryer back & forth over Cameron's feet to keep him calm.

Easter was fun--he actually made it 25 minutes through church before I had to sneak down the balcony stairs. He wanted down to crawl around & visit with everybody. He always enjoys seeing his cousins. Mom fixed lunch & Brock & Tyler hunted for Easter eggs at Nana & Pooh's house. Cameron's still too small to grasp the hunt for eggs concept instead we roll them around on the floor & chase them.

Tim & I took Cameron to the Chattanooga Zoo on Good Friday. He stayed awake through about half of the exhibits but was asleep by the time we got to the petting zoo.

We also had our first taste of "dirt & mulch" this month. Cameron loves being outside & really loves investigating my flower pots. The other day we were outside on the driveway & I was washing out the patio furniture. I turned around and Cameron had a mouthful of my cilantro & even more dirt falling out of his mouth. I debated on whether to take a picture first before I cleaned him up but decided against it. Raking the dirt out of his mouth took precedence over my Kodak moment!!
Babies are always more trouble than you thought. . .and more WONDERFUL. Charles Osgood

No comments: